Friday, July 27, 2012

Underwater...



Just when I thought I couldn’t possibly fit another thing into my recently crazy days, I got blindsided with one opening of my mailbox…

Lucky girl – you’ve been selected for Grand Jury Duty – a sentence of 4 weeks + 1 day. AND as an added bonus, you’ll be stressed out and left with no summer or days off.

Needless to say the outcome of this letter has been this - I’m up late at night trying to play catch-up and my blog postings have trickled. I’ve figured out how to survive the days of waiting and confinement to an uninspiring space with hard chairs.  Reading and listening to music helps, well when I’m not powering my phone up and down in between cases.

BUT this week my goal is to get back on track… Oh and buy another book or two maybe. Honestly when this grand juror badge expires, I’ll feel like I’ve been let out of jail or detention, never mind that no crime was ever committed – not by me at least….




No comments: